August 14, 2022
#Ways God has spoken in the Bible
· Bible (Romans 10:17, 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
· People (Acts 21:10-11)
· Circumstances (Jonah)
· Counsel (Proverbs)
· Peace (Col 3:15, Phil 4:7)
· Dreams/Visions- (Solomon, Jacob, Peter, Paul)
· Thoughts (Joseph- the earthly father of Jesus)
· Natural Manifestations (Romans 1, John 12:29, Revelation)
· Supernatural Manifestations (Burning Bush, Fleece, Donkey)
· Still Small voice (1 Kings 19:12- Elijah)
#1. God’s Word-
Hebrews 1:1-2 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son…” The words and record of Jesus is in His Word.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
#2. God’s internal promptings-
1 Kings 19:12- After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper-
#3. God’s People-
1 Samuel 3: 7-9 NIV Now Samuel did not yet know the Lord: The word of the Lord had not yet been revealed to him. 8 A third time the Lord called, “Samuel!” And Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, “Here I am; you called me.” Then Eli realized that the Lord was calling the boy. 9 So Eli told Samuel, “Go and lie down, and if he calls you, say, ‘Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening.’” So Samuel went and lay down in his place.
#4. God’s Circumstances & Timing
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight
#TAKE AWAY TO RECOGNIZING GOD’S VOICE.
1. Does it bring Glory to God?
2. Does it line up with the Bible?
3. Does godly counsel agree?
4. Do I have internal peace?
5. What does my spouse say?
#WORD, WISDOM, WAYS
#PRINCIPLES, PEOPLE, PEACE
#CHARACTER, COUNSEL, CALM