August 20, 2023
Genesis 2:21-25 (NKJV): 21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. 22 Then the rib which the LORD God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man. 23 And Adam said: “This is now bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.” 24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. 25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
Vs.24- “therefore a man shall leave his father and mother”
Vs. 24- “and be joined to his wife”
Malachi 2:13-15 (MSG): 13-15 And here’s a second offense: You fill the place of worship with your whining and sniveling because you don’t get what you want from GOD. Do you know why? Simple. Because GOD was there as a witness when you spoke your marriage vows to your young bride, and now you’ve broken those vows, broken the faith-bond with your vowed companion, your covenant wife. GOD, not you, made marriage. His Spirit inhabits even the smallest details of marriage. And what does he want from marriage? Children of God, that’s what. So guard the spirit of marriage within you. Don’t cheat on your spouse. 16 “I hate divorce,” says the GOD of Israel. GOD-of-the-Angel-Armies says, “I hate the violent dismembering of the ‘one flesh’ of marriage.” So watch yourselves. Don’t let your guard down. Don’t cheat.
Vs. 24 – “They shall become one flesh”
Some Tips for a Lasting Marriage:
Weave in Empathy
- Galatians 6:2 (NIV): Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
Weave in Honesty
- Colossians 3:9 (NIV): Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices
Weave in Unconditional Love
- 1 Peter 4:8-9 (NIV): 8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.
Weave in Humility
- Romans 12:18 (NIV): If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
- Ephesians 5:21 (NIV): Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Weave in Faithfulness
Weave in Laughter – (couples who laugh, lasts)
Weave in Forgiveness
Weave in Exploration
Weave in Time